Tuesday 30 October 2012

Izzy's Super Duper Nutella !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Dairy free, low salicylate *Amines           


Hi I'm Izzy, this is my first time on the blog! 

This is a really COOL Nutella that is dairy free. Our family started the elimination diet for my brother and discovered that I need to be dairy free, and have moderate salicylates and no added flavours. There's been a lot of foods I have missed... so when I tasted this I was a "bit" excited.

Here is the recipe. We used a recipe from "Paradise to Plate" as a template. I hope you have lots of fun, and remember it doesn't matter if you don't get things right the first time when you learn to cook.

INGREDIENTS:

110g roasted cashews.
90g white sugar
100g block of Aldi's organic fair trade chocolate (dairy free)
15g good cocoa
70g nuttelex
100g soy milk 
(mum here - I think you should be successful with coconut oil and coconut milk, plus the usual hazelnuts if you can tolerate the higher salicylates but not the dairy)

 METHOD:

Lightly toast the cashews. Add to TM bowl.
Mill on speed 9 for 20 seconds. Scrape down.
Mix on speed 6 for at least 20 seconds and it becomes a smooth paste. Keep stopping and scraping if you need to.
Add the sugar and mix on speed 8 for about 10 seconds, scrape around the blades and sides of the bowl and repeat until well combined.
Add chocolate - broken into pieces and mill on speed 8 for 10 seconds
Add cocoa, nuttelex and milk and heat6 minutes, 50 degrees, speed 3
Once finished, puree for 20 seconds, gradually rising the speed from 1 to 9. Scrape into sterilised jars and keep refrigerated. Keeps for 14-21 days, (but it may disappear all of a sudden Hahaha).



No comments:

Post a Comment